Sunday, August 9, 2009

V Praze!

I somehow made it here alive, after waking up at 8:30am, catching the bus to Heathrow Terminal 5 (they didn't lose my luggage!), then caught the Cedaz minibus transit service to the Hotel Pivovar, where my flat is. For some reason, both Cedaz and the hotel didn't expect me, the hotel said I wasn't supposed to get here until Monday, so I had a bit of a panic when I first arrived as they wouldn't let me move in until they called someone and spoke in rapid Czech. It ended up working out, even made the 8pm pub crawl with everyone! Though to do that I had to sprint to the 3rd floor of the building with all my luggage. My guns are making a comeback.

Pub crawl was great. Went to a huge beer garden and this windy underground tunnel place. The beer is indeed tasty and cheap. Win-win. After a couple pubs we went to this 80s-90s club, danced to hilarious music, went up on stage and got swarmed by Czech men. They're either very forward here or very drunk, or both. Good night overall, though I'm not quite sure how I managed to navigate the night tram home at 3am all the way back here (18ish stops). I'm alive, though!

Apparently the course is going to be pretty intense and they've recently deported a bunch of Americans for overstaying their tourist visas so I have to be on top of my paperwork and job applications! Sort of excited to begin the course tomorrow, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment